Join Konstruktørforeningen as a member
There are many kinds of service and benefits to obtain as a member of Konstruktørforeningen. You just have to complete a membership application form.
If you are an architectural technologist and construction manager, you can join Konstruktørforeningen (KF) and our unemployment fund as a member and obtain:
- Security: At KF you are certain to receive relevant and personal help and advice, if you encounter problems during your career.
- Get counselling: As a member you can get counselling on a wide range of issues such as advice and information about employment, pay and working conditions, network and education.
- Value: KF negotiates collective agreements and individual salaries, and provides you with low cost insurance on your house, or against unemployment ('A-kasse' in Danish) and other advantages.
- Visibility: KF works to make the profession – and therefore you – more visible to the public and to the employers in the industry.
- A strong professional community: KF is the voice of the profession and creates numerous of opportunities for the members to network.
- Unique knowledge: We have unique knowledge of your job market and job opportunities and assists with your application and CV.
- Network: KF is your professional network with free professional events. Occasionally we arrange ‘Meetings for internationals in the building industry’ with different themes of interest for architectural technologists and construction managers with an international background. See information in the box below.
All service and benefits are targeted both professionals and students.
Also become a member of 'Konstruktørforeningen's unemployment insurance fund – a part of FTFa'
If you are a member of a different unemployment insurance fund (A-kasse), it is easy to switch to 'Konstruktøforeningen's unemployment insurance fund – a part of FTFa', when you sign up for a membership. We will transfer your rights and close down the membership in your current unemployment insurance fund, so that you don’t have to that.
If you are already a member of FTFa, you are automatically a member of Konstruktørforeningen's unemployment insurance fund. Your membership fee and seniority will remain as they are, so you don’t have to do anything.
Here is a few of the benefits that comes with the membership of KF's unemployment insurance fund :
- Financial security: As a member, you will receive unemployment benefits if you lose your job, which gives you financial security. An unemployment period of just three months will give you the equivalent of ten years’ worth of membership fees.
- Help finding a new job: We are ready to help you move on to a new job and can provide you with new input that will help you to progress in your professional life.
- Lifetime membership: 'Konstruktørforeningen's unemployment insurance fund – a part of FTFa' is an interdisciplinary unemployment insurance fund. As such, you can remain a member through your working life – also if you are promoted to management level, or change industry.
- Entrepreneurs are welcome: As a self-employed, you also have the option of staying a member both in Konstruktørforeningen and in FTFa.
Apply for membership
If you want to apply for a membership of Konstruktørforeningen (KF), complete a membership application form (in Danish). Call us at tel. 33 36 41 50, if you need help to fill out the application form.Apply for membership
A guide to trade unions in Denmark
In this leaflet you can read about why you should join a trade union, when working in Denmark.
The size of your membership fee depends on your current situation. Read all about the different types of membership fees, offered by Konstruktørforeningen and 'Konstruktørforeningens unemployment insurance fund – a part of FTFa'.Read more about membership fees
Meetings for internationals in the building industry
KF occasionally arranges meetings in English, that addresses different themes of interest for architectural technologists and construction managers with an international background. The subjects of the meetings are typically:
- Working in Denmark: Know your rights and opportunities
- How to make a carrier in Denmark
It is free to attend the meetings as a member of KF, and you must register on beforehand.Check for current events